Dow Corning High Vacuum Lubricant 5.3oz Tube
Stiff, non-melting silicone lubricating material
- Seals and lubricates chemical processing equipment.
- Lubricating plug valves, control valves, flow meter bearings, ceramic plug cocks, fire extinguisher valves, water treating equipment, synthetic rubber gaskets and seals in high temperature applications.
- Sealing vacuum and pressure systems.
- Lubricating O-rings in binoculars and telescopes. Prevents fogging of delicate lenses.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Reduces wear in plastic-to-metal and rubber-to-metal contact
- Low volatility
- Excellent resistance to water, chemicals, high and low temperatures Meets requirements of 21 CFR 175.300
Solubility Dow Corning High-Vacuum Grease is insoluble in water, methanol, ethanol, acetone, glycol and glycerine. It can be dispersed in kerosene, stoddard solvent, benzene, toluene, ethyl ether or petroleum ether.
Dow Corning High-Vacuum Grease is unaffected by most vegetable and minerals oils, many organic compounds, and most common gases. It is also resistant to most aqueous solutions of inorganic salts and to dilute acids and alkalies. The suitability of Dow Corning High Vacuum Grease should always be tested before the material is adopted for regular use